Mailing Lists - Create a New Mailing List
To create a new mailing list, log in to your mailing lists account at University of Chicago Mailing Lists and click the Request a list link at the top of the page. Complete the form as follows:
- Enter a name for your new mailing list in the List name field. All mailing lists must have unique names. The listmaster will notify you if the name you have chosen is already in use so you can choose another.
- Choose the type of mailing list you need by selecting the appropriate radio button in the List type section.
- Enter a one-line subject for your mailing list in the Subject field.
- Select a topic from the Topics drop-down list. This field determines how mailing lists are cataloged on the Mailing Lists website.
- Enter a detailed description of your mailing list in the Description field.
- Click Submit your creation request at the bottom of the page.
Do I have to wait for approval from the listmaster before I can use my mailing list?
After clicking Submit your creation request, you may configure list options and add subscribers. However, you will not be able to send messages to the mailing list until the listmaster approves your mailing list request. You will receive a notification email when the listmaster approves your mailing list.
My mailing list doesn't seem to be working. I set it up but am not receiving any messages from it.
The list owner is not automatically subscribed to a mailing list. You may subscribe yourself at University of Chicago Mailing Lists. See Subscribe to a Mailing List for instructions.