Outlook 2016 - Exchange Email Configuration on Mac
This article explains how to configure Outlook 2016 for Apple Mac to use with the Exchange 2016.
Note: Applies to Mac iOS Sierra 10.2.4 with Outlook 2016.
- In Outlook, click the Outlook menu in the uppermost menu bar.
- Click Preferences and select Accounts.
- Select Exchange or Office 365.
- Enter your Exchange account information.
- Enter your University of Chicago email address in the E-mail Address field.
- Select the User Name and Password authentication method.
- Enter your email address in the User Name field, then enter your password.
- Select Configure Automatically. If your are unable to configure automatically, please go to step 10.
- Click Add Account.
- A dialog box will ask you to allow Outlook to perform auto discovery. Select Always use my response for this server.
- Click Allow.
- The Shibboleth login screen will appear. Enter your CNetID and password, and click Login.
- After you log in with Shibboleth, a confirmation screen will show your new University of Chicago account. Click Details to change your account information if necessary, or if you would like to rename the account.
- You have successfully added your account and may close the window. You will see the new account inbox in your Outlook mailbox list.
- If Autodiscover doesn't work for you, you can manually configure your Outlook to point at the correct server:
- Click on Tools/Accounts/Advanced > Server = https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx