Outlook 2016 - Create and Edit Contact in Contact Group
This article lists tutorials and their online links for creating, editing and modifying a contact in a contact group (distribution lists).
Contacts in a Contact Group
- On the Navigation bar, click People
- Under My Contacts, pick where you want to add the contact group.
- Click Home > New Contact Group.
- On the Contact Group tab, in the Name box, type a name for the group.
- Click Add Members, and then add people from your address book or contacts list.
- Click Save and Close.
Additional Links on Creating Contact Groups
- Mac: click Create a contact group or distribution list in Outlook for Mac
- To add someone who is not in your address book or contacts, create or add a person as a contact.
- Create a contact group from a list of names in an email message
- Create a contact group from a list of contacts in Excel
- Video: Create and use contact groups [2:50]
- Video: Create and use contact groups on a Mac [3:03]
- Add People to a Contact Group
- Edit a Contact
- On the Navigation bar, click People to view your contacts.
- Under My Contacts, click Contacts.
- Double-click the contact group that you want to add members to.
- Click Add Members, and then choose the list or choose From Outlook Contacts
- In the Search box, type the name.
- Double-click the name to add it to the Members box, and then click OK.
- Click Contact Group > Save and Close.
- On the Navigation Bar, click People.
- In the ribbon, in Current View, click People.
- Click a contact. Information for that contact appears in the People pane.
- Under View Source, click Outlook (Contacts). The Outlook contact card is displayed.
- Add or update information for the contact.
- In the Actions group, click Save and Close.
Contact exists within your personal Outlook contacts
- Use the Edit a Contact instructions to modify the desired contact.
- Find the group which contains the contact you just modified and double-click the group to open it.
- Within the Members area, click Update Now.
- The modified contact will be updated within the group.
- Click Save and Close to save your changes.
Contact does not exist within your personal Outlook contacts
- Find the group which contains the contact want to modify and double-click the group to open it.
- Select the member and click Remove Member.
- Within the Members area, click Add Members add or remove members
- Click Add Members, and select New E-mail Contact.
- Enter the necessary information for this contact (which includes the new values you needed to make) and click OK.
Note: It is recommended that you add this person to your personal contacts for ease of modification in the future.
- Click Save and Close to save your changes to the contact group.