Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Office365
Outlook 2016 for Mac Email FAQ
This article answers some frequently asked questions about Outlook 2016 for Mac.
First, make sure you have installed any Outlook updates, and then make sure you have installed any Apple software updates for your Mac. Install all of the updates, even if they don't seem relevant. This problem is most commonly caused by Safari, so will often provide a resolution. If your problem persists after updating, to the following support articles from Microsoft.
- I'm not receiving email or other items in my Exchange account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
- I can't send or receive messages with Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Check to see if your messages are in the deleted items folder.
- Select the email or emails and drag them to the desired folder or your Inbox.
- You can also right click on the selected emails and choose Move to a folder, create a new folder, or copy the message to another folder.
- If your messages are not in your deleted items folder, follow the Restore deleted email messages in Outlook on the Web instructions to recover items up to 14 days old.
- Read the Outlook 2016 for Mac - Create an Email Signature instructions to create a signature.
- Video: Add Signatures to Email on Mac [3:14]
Outlook 2016 for Mac allows you to hide local folders, and this option is turned on by default. If you want to store and access mail, contacts or calendars on your computer, you can disable this:
- Click the Outlook menu at the top of the screen and open Preferences.
- Click General.
- Uncheck Hide On My Computer folders.
- Uncheck Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts.
To prevent this, follow the steps above to open the general preferences, and uncheck Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts.
On a new line, type three underscores and then press enter. Outlook will automatically insert a line separator.