Outlook 2016 for Mac - Importing Address Book from .CSV file
This article describes an option for importing .CSV files into Outlook 2016 for Mac.
Both .csv and .vcard files are unable to be imported in the outlook 2016 for mac client. As a workaround, use Outlook on Office 365 to import the contacts via the .csv file. The contacts will be synced to the locally installed Outlook 2016 for Mac application. Please read all instructions before proceeding.
- Click here to Sign in to Office 365 with your CNetID and University of Chicago email address password
- Click People from the Office 365 Home page.
- Click the down arrow next to Manage and select Import Contacts, for 'csv' file select "outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016".
- Click Browse to locate and select your file.
- Click on file to select it and then click Choose.
- Upload and wait while your contacts are imported. A successful message will be displayed.
- Click Cancel to Exit the import process.