Wireless - Guest Network - Importing a List of Guest Accounts
This article explains how to create a batch of guest accounts using the import function.
Only certain users with elevated access can actually import a batch of guest accounts. These folks are normally trusted agents or members of the various conference services organizations at the University. This article provides an example on how to accomplish this sort of task.
Accessing the account management system
- Point your browser to uchicago-guest.uchicago.edu
- Click the Sponsor Login button. If you are not on campus you will need to connect via cVPN or Remote Desktop.
Importing a list of accounts
- On the Sponsor login page, enter your CNetID and password and click Log In.
- Click the Create New Guest Account button
- In the new guest account form, key in the required information (Guest's Name, Email address).
- By default all new accounts are valid for 24 hours from the time of creation ("Account Activation = Now" & "Account Expiration = 1 day from now").
- To change the account start date/time click the drop-down menu next to Account Activation and select the option "Activate at specified time...". A second field becomes available which allows you to open the calendar to select a date and time.
- From the calendar view make sure to select a date and time that is appropriate for your needs.
- Follow the same process to change the "Account Expiration" field to set the account to expire at a future date/time that is within the 2 week limit for guest accounts.
- Update the Notes field (optional)
- Click Create.
- You can also print the details directly from this page if a guest is already on-site.
- Or click the Email button to send the client their account information via email. If you want to receive a copy of the email make sure to update the "*Email to:" field with your valid email address next to your guest's email. Make sure to use a comma (,) to separate email addresses (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).