Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Office365
Outlook 2016 for Mac - Create Rules
This article describes what is a rule and lists tutorials on how to create rules in Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- A rule is an action that is performed automatically on incoming or outgoing messages, based on conditions that you specify.
- You can create rules to help you stay organized. For example, you can create rules to automatically file messages into folders or assign messages to categories.
Create a rule in Outlook 2016 for Mac to learn the following:
- Create a rule based on the sender's name or a contact group
- Create a rule based on an existing message
- Create a custom rule for an IMAP or POP account
- Create a custom rule for an Exchange account