Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Office365
Outlook 2016 for Mac - Turn Off Conversation View
This article shows how to turn off Conversation View in Outlook 2016 for Mac.
View email messages and turn off conversation in Outlook 2016 for Mac
- The messages within each conversation are sorted with the newest message on top. When a new message is received, the entire conversation moves to the top of your message list.
- Collapsed conversations appear with a right-facing arrow, and expanded conversations appear with a down-facing arrow. Click the arrows to expand or collapse conversations.
To turn off viewing by conversation
- On the Organize tab, click Conversations to deactivate
- If you want to turn Conversations back on, just click on Conversations under the Organize tab again.
- To set preferences for how conversations are displayed in the message list, on the Outlook menu, click Preferences, and then under Email, click Reading. Under Conversations, select the preferences that you want.
- Messages in the Junk Email and Deleted Items folders are not included in conversations.
For more information see View email messages by conversation in Outlook 2016 for Mac