Work with Rules in Outlook 2016 for Office365 ProPlus
This article describes how to export email rules and import them into another version of Outlook for Office 2016.
Inbox Rules in Outlook 2016 Office 365 ProPlus
Applies To: Outlook Mail for Office 365
A rule is an action that Outlook 2016 runs automatically on incoming or outgoing messages. For example, you can create a rule to move all messages from a sender to a folder.
How rules help you manage email messages
- Create Inbox rules in Outlook 2016 and Office365 to automatically perform specific actions on messages as they arrive.
- For example, you can create a rule to automatically move selected emails to a specific folder.
- For up to date information go to manage email messages using rules, importing/exporting rules and rules for mobile devices.
- By using rules, you can reduce manual and repetitive actions needed to manage your email messages.
- When you turn on rules, they run continuously and automatically.
- Rules generally fall into one of two categories—organization or notification.
- You can use the Rules Wizard to help you design rules to manage your messages.
- The Rules Wizard includes templates for the most frequently used rules.
- Outlook Basics
- Outlook Quickstart
- Outlook Training
- For additional tutorials click here for an overview of Lynda.com video lists and access.