Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Office365
Set Up Outlook Email on Android Devices
This article guides you on how to install Outlook for Android mobile devices.
Applies to Outlook 2016, Office 2016 Office, and Office 365
Email and Calendar Management with Outlook on Android
We recommend that you have first installed the latest OS updates for your mobile device. To check for software updates on an Android or iOS follow these steps. (Note: Steps may vary per device).
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to About phone or About device
- Towards the top, tap System Update or Software Update
- Tap Scan for new updates
- Download and install any necessary updates
Download and Update the Outlook App
Applies to: Outlook 2016, Office 2016 Office for business
- Go to the Play Store on your Android device.
- Type "outlook" into the search bar and then select Install.
- If you already have the app then update your Outlook app to the latest version.
Note: If the update option is not available, you're already have the latest version.
Configure Android Phone for Outlook App
- Go to your app drawer and tap the Outlook app icon in to open it.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Select Add account and enter your University of Chicago email address.
- You will be prompted to sign into Shibboleth.
- Enter your CNetID and email password.
- Confirm Shibboleth Login
- Once logged into Shibboleth you have successfully added your University of Chicago account.
- You will get a confirmation screen and have the option to add another account. Click Maybe Later.
- Outlook is ready for use. Click Skip.
- Outlook redirects you to your Inbox.
You can see your Calendar or People (contacts) by clicking at the bottom of the application screen.
- Start using your Outlook app on Android.