Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Canvas
Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > UChicago Voices
Canvas - Connecting and Giving Students Access to Your Course Blog (Instructor)
The Canvas-Voices integration tool allows instructors to link their Voices course blog to their Canvas course site, and grant students user access to the Voices blog.
- If you have not created your course blog yet, create your course blog by clicking Create Your Site at the UChicago Voices home page. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the form.
- Only blog administrators can use the Canvas-Voices integration tool. To connect your course blog to your Canvas course, first make sure that you are logged in to Voices as the administrator of the blog.
- After you log in, go to the Voices Dashboard
- Click Settings in the menu to the right and select Canvas LTI.
- Select the course for which the course blog is intended.
- Select the WordPress role you want to give your students. In most cases, the Author role, which allows students to post blog posts, is appropriate.
- Once you are done, click Save Changes.
- Go to your Canvas course site, you and your students should now see a Course Blog link on the course navigation menu.
- Ask your students to click the Course Blog link to self-enroll in your course blog and go to the course blog's Dashboard. This will open a new browser tab.