Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Office365
Office 2016 - Verifying Installation in Software Center
This article explains how to verify Office 2016 is installed on your managed Windows device. If you are running Microsoft Office 2010, your machine needs to be upgraded to Office 2016 in preparation for the future Office 365 roll-out.
This article only applies if IT Services Desktop Engineering has your device loaded into Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). It is intended only for those that have been identified as running Microsoft Office 2010 and will be upgrading to Office 2016 within the 1st Quarter of 2017.
- Log in to Windows.
- Click on Start, and in the search bar type software center.
- Click on the Software Center application.
- Under the Installed Software tab, you should see the a reference to the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 - Removes 2010 application as shown below:
- If the application is not listed, look for it on the Available Software tab.
- If the application is in Available Software, then you have the option to install it. The installation could take up to 45 minutes and you should not use the computer during that time.
- The image below shows a full screenshot of the Software Center application listing the Office 2016 application successfully installed by SCCM.