Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > VPN (cVPN)
VPN - Connection Guide for Mac
This article explains how to download, install, and run the Cisco AnyConnect VPN on a Macintosh computer.
- Open a browser window and type in cvpn.uchicago.edu.
- Enter your CNet credentials.
- You will get to Java Detection and it should timeout after up to a minute. Once it does, click the Download button to download the Cisco AnyConnect client.
- Once the download is completed, install the vpn.pkg file.
- Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) and go through installation prompts.
- Once installed, you can launch AnyConnect VPN client from Launchpad. The icon looks like this:
- Once you launch it, enter: cvpn.uchicago.edu and click connect.
- Once you connect, the system will prompt for your CNet credentials again and once entered, you will be connected via VPN.
- There will be a “lock” icon on the Cisco AnyConnect icon in the toolbar menu whenever you are connected to cvpn.