Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless
Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Accounts, Identity, & Security > Access Management
Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Accounts, Identity, & Security > Security
Guest Net Admin Program Policies
This page details the policies of the Guest Net Admin program, including the usage terms and conditions.
All other University regulations, guidelines, rules, and policies apply. The Guest Net Admin Program must not be used to provide services to those people whose privileges have been explicitly revoked by any University governing body. Similarly, groups of people whose affiliations are explicitly barred from services are ineligible to receive them through this program.
- Access to the Guest Network is a short-term solution, and is used to offer wireless access for the shortest duration necessary to individuals and groups. Typically, this is from one day to 180 days long.
- The granting of Guest Network access to a particular person does not imply an automatic provision of services to everyone who holds the same credentials. Furthermore, the granting of Guest Wireless access does not confer a direct relationship with the University unless identified by University of Chicago Human Resources, the Provost’s Office, or the Registrar’s Office as members of the University community.
- IT Services will maintain records of all Guest Net Admin Program access creations. IT Services reserves the right to audit these accounts and the administration process at any time. Audits will be performed in order to provide support to the Guest Net Admin or the departmental approver of the Guest Net Admin, as well as to maintain accuracy of information and ensure the security of our systems.
- IT Services reserves the right to revoke Guest Net Admin status if the continuance of service is deemed not in the best interest of the University.
- IT Services reserves the right to revoke privileges granted by the Guest Net Admin if it is determined that an account has been used inappropriately.
- Your access to this feature is good until May 1 every year and must be renewed annually. You will receive one (1) and only one (1) notification by email to your firstname.lastname@example.org email address 30 days prior to expiration with instructions on how to reapply for access.