Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Voicemail > Individual Voicemail Mailbox
Voicemail - Retrieving Your Messages/ PIN Information
This article provides instructions on how to access your voice mailbox and change your voicemail PIN.
Your Unity Connection Voice Mailbox
Your ID is your 5-digit mailbox (phone) number.
Your temporary PIN (password) is 26986. You will need to setup your mailbox recordings (name/greeting) as well as reset the PIN (password).
- Integrated Voicemail (Unity Connection) is accessed by dialing 2-MYVM (2-6986) internally or 773-702-MYVM from an external number.
- Press [*] when voicemail answers.
- Enter your 5-digit extension number followed by [#].
- Enter the temporary PIN 26986 followed by [#]. (Because this is a new system, the PIN used on the previous voicemail system does not provide access.)
- Follow the prompts to complete your initial login. You are asked to record your name, record a greeting, and change your PIN.
- Follow these PIN requirements:
- The PIN must contain 6 to 10 digits.
- The PIN cannot contain your primary extension or its reverse.
- The PIN must contain at least three different digits.
- The digits cannot be consecutive, in ascending or descending order (e.g., 123456 or 654321).
- A digit cannot be used more than two times consecutively (i.e., 124777).
- The PIN cannot contain repeated groups of three or more digits (i.e., 408510408).
- The PIN cannot be a numeric representation of your first or last name or a combination of your first and last name.
Unified Messaging – Cisco Unity Connection accepts your message and sends it directly to your email in the form of a .wav file attachment. Please note that messages are no longer stored in the voicemail system, and you won’t receive a new message indication on your telephone.