Topics Map > Incident Management
About IT Status Alerts (StatusPage)
This article describes how users can subscribe and unsubscribe from alerts for IT service disruptions.
StatusPage is a cloud-based service utilized by IT Services to provide initial notifications, progress updates, and restoration notifications to the campus community when services experience an outage or serious performance problem.
You can view current system status either by visiting the ITS home page or visiting the ITS StatusPage directly. You can also subscribe to receive alerts by email or SMS text message to your cell phone, and later unsubscribe when you don't want them any more.
Subscribing to IT Status Alerts
- Go to the IT Status page at http://it-status.uchicago.edu/
- Click Subscribe to Updates in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- In the pop-up dialog box, select the envelope icon for email notifications or the telephone icon for SMS notifications. (If you want both, you'll have to do first one, then the other.)
NOTE: SMS notifications are only sent out at the beginning and end of a service disruption. Email subscribers will also receive any updates that are sent out during a disruption. Note that email notifications to your uchicago.edu email address may be delayed if there is a campus email or network outage. If campus email is unavailable during a given outage, please refer to
the StatusPage dashboard or the ITS website, or subscribe to text alerts.
- Enter in your email address or your cell phone number, as appropriate, and click the Subscribe button.
- You will be presented with a list of IT service areas which we are sending out alerts for. If you want to receive all alerts, select all of these components. If you want alerts for only one specific area, just select that one. (We do add new components from time to time, so if you only subscribe to a subset, you may want to check back at a later date to see if we've added one you want to keep track of.)
- Click the Update Preferences button.
Unsubscribing from Email IT Status Alerts
Each email status alert you receive will include a "manage your subscription" link at the bottom of the message. Click this link to see the current list of available components. To unsubscribe:
- Click Toggle All. This will change the Update Preferences button to Unsubscribe from All.
- Click Unsubscribe from All.
You can also, if you want, change which components you are subscribed to, rather than unsubscribing from all of them.
NOTE: You will NOT be asked for your CNetID, password, or any personal information. If you receive an alert containing a link which asks for a login or for identifying information, it's a phishing scam.
Unsubscribing from SMS IT Status Alerts
To unsubscribe from SMS alerts, respond to any alert with the word STOP. This will unsubscribe you from all SMS alerts from StatusPage.