Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring > OWA 2010
xMail - Access a Shared Mailbox via OWA
This article explains how to open a shared mailbox via OWA (Outlook Web Access).
- Launch your web browser and go to https://xmail.uchicago.edu. The log on page appears.
- Enter your CNetID and CNet password, then click the Sign in button.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner to open the mailbox selection box.
- Enter the name of the mailbox you wish to open in the box then click open. The first click will confirm the mailbox exists, the second will open the mailbox.
- The shared mailbox is open, and you are able to use it as if it was your own mailbox (depending on the permissions you have been granted on the mailbox, some users may not be able to send email from the mailbox).