Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring > Outlook 2010
Adding a Shared xMail Mailbox (Outlook 2010)
This article explains how to add a shared xMail mailbox to a user profile in Outlook 2010. The shared mailbox stays as part of your Outlook profile until you remove it.
A shared mailbox allows you to work together with other staff members in a shared environment. Changes made by one person are seen by others who have access to the shared mailbox. For example, if one person adds an event to the calendar for the shared mailbox, that event is accessible to the others. Likewise, if an email message is deleted from the Inbox by one person, it is deleted for the others as well.
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Click File on the ribbon.
- Select Account Settings.
- Choose Account Settings... from the drop-down menu.
- Select Change on the E-mail tab on the Account Settings window.
- Click the More Settings.. button.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the mailbox alias/email address then click OK.
- Select OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Select Close.
- The shared mailbox appears on the left side of the screen. Expand the mailbox to view its contents.