vDesk Error - All Available Desktop Sources Unavailable or Busy
This article explains how to resolve the vDesk Error: "All available desktop sources are currently busy."
Error: You try to connect to your desktop but get the error, or one similar to "All available desktop sources for this desktop are currently busy. Please try connecting to this desktop again later, or contact your system administrator." To troubleshoot or resolve this error, reset your desktop.
- Click Cancel on the error window to be taken back to the desktop choices.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the desktop name producing the error (highlighted in red in the image below).
- Select Reset Desktop from the menu that appears (highlighted in red in the image below).
- Wait approximately 10 minutes and try connecting again. You should be able to successfully connect at that point.
Tip: Always remember to log off of your desktop when you are done! Disconnecting from your Desktop keeps your files from being saved to disk and protected from loss if your desktop is rebooted for maintenance.
- If you find the Reset Desktop option is gray and inactive, your desktop is non-persistent and it will need to be reset by an administrator. See the image below.
- If the Reset Desktop command is gray, contact the ITS Service Desk so that they may assist in resolving your issue or to open an incident for a Desktop Administrator to resolve it for you. Please provide them the following:
- The precise name of the desktop you are have having issues connecting to
- The account you are logging in with, such as your CNetID