Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Voicemail > Individual Voicemail Mailbox
Legacy Voicemail Shared Mailbox FAQs
This article explains answers to a set of frequently asked questions regarding how Legacy (Mereon) Voicemail Shared Mailbox functions.
- ITS Service Desk Phone 2-5800 (773-702-5800)
- ITS Service Desk Email email@example.com
- TECHB@R on the first floor of Regenstein Library during reference desk hours
- Legacy Voicemail Shared Mailbox Quick Tips
Can more than one telephone station receive message notification when a new message arrives?
Yes, multiple telephone sets can receive message notification.
Is a shared mailbox managed differently than a typical individual subscriber mailbox?
No, the features and administration options are the same.
How does a shared mailbox subscriber retrieve messages?
To access voicemail, dial 2-2111 onsite or 773-702-2111 offsite:
- Enter the shared mailbox number. Then press [#].
- Enter the mailbox password. Then press [#].
How does a subscriber create a shared mailbox?
Contact the ITS Service Desk at 773-702-5800 to check your shared mailbox setup or to create a Service Request for you.