Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Business Systems > Reporting Systems
Business Objects - GEMS Reporting - Load and Maintenance Schedule
This article describes the data load and maintenance schedule for the GEMS Reporting in Business Objects.
The GEMS Reporting data warehouse is normally available to Business Objects users 24x7 with a 10-minute nightly outage window at midnight for routine Business Objects back-up. Periodic system work and other database maintenance activities are typically scheduled to occur outside regular business hours of 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
- GEMS Expense Management data is updated nightly Monday thru Friday
- IRF Ledger transaction data from the Financial Accounting System is updated a number of times each month:
- After each weekly update to FAS itself. The FAS update normally occurs Friday night, and this data is normally available in IRF by Saturday morning. This will contain data for the following GEMS Batches
- A weekly Batch (GPWnnn) contains the initial transaction for each Credit Card transaction to the Default account and the credit card clearing sub account (9913)
- A bi-weekly Batch (GPBnnn)) contains the final allocation transactions for approved reports. This batch is created on Tuesday nights. So a transactions for a report approved after the cutoff will not show in IRF for two weeks.
- After the month-end FAS close, typically about the 4th business day of the new month.
- IRF Person data from the Payroll/Personnel System is updated after every payroll run. (There are typically two biweekly and one monthly payroll every month, so IRF payroll and personnel data is updated at least 3 times a month.)