Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Create a Calendar Event (Instructors)
This article explains how instructors can create, modify, and remove events from the Chalk calendar.
Why use Chalk Calendar events?
Instructors and Teaching Assistants can add calendar events to the Chalk Calendar, such as exams, guest speakers, open office hours, and course due dates. The latest version of the Chalk calendar has drag and drop features, and allows students one - click access to assignments using Chalk Global navigation.
Add a Menu Item
- In Edit Mode, in Course Management, expand Course Tools and select Course Calendar.
- To create a new Course Event, either click the day the event will take place, or the plus sign in the top right corner.
- In the pop up dialog box, type in the event title and enter "Starts" and "Ends" date and time.
- Click Save.
Modify a Calendar Event
- Click the Calendar Event.
- Make the changes and Save.
- To delete an event, click Delete and select OK in the confirmation window.