Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Services & Support > Web Development/Hosting/Resources > UChicago Sites
UChicago Sites - Content - Basic Pages
This article explains how to create basic pages in UChicago Sites.
In UChicago Site, you may use any of the 5 types of content--basic pages, news articles, homepage features & mini features, image galleries. This article focuses on basic pages.
Basic pages are pages with information that is not time-sensitive and does not change frequently, such as an 'About us' page. On a basic page, you can include body copy (your main content area), and one or more images in the right column.
Create a New Basic Page
To create a basic page:
- Log in to your UChicago Site.
- Go to the tool bar at the top and click Add Content
- Click Basic Page.
- Enter your content on the form.
Your body copy formatting options include:
- Paragraph and heading styles
- Bold, italics, strikethrough, superscript, subscript
- Bulleted and numbered lists
- Horizontal lines and custom characters
- Inserting videos and tables
If you add more than one right column image, slideshow buttons will automatically appear to allow the user to click through each of the images. Take a look at the sample basic page to get a sense of your formatting options and to see an image slideshow in action.