Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Services & Support > Web Development/Hosting/Resources > UChicago Sites
UChicago Sites - Configuration - Adding Users
This article explains how site owners can add users to UChicago Sites.
This section is intended for site owners only. Content editors and contributors do not have access to these functions.
This section describes some advanced customization you can apply to your UChicago Site. Because site owners have access to more advanced editing options, it's important to be cautious when making these changes as you have the potential to make more significant site-wide changes.
To add a user to your site, you will need to:
- Ask the user to log in to the site with his/her CNet ID and password.
- Once the user has logged in, click on the Users link in your toolbar.
- Select the appropriate user by clicking on his/her name.
- Assign the appropriate roles.
- Click Save.
You can assign any of the following roles to your users:
- Content contributor - can add, edit, and publish their own content, but cannot edit content created by anyone else.
- Content editor - can add, edit, publish, and delete any content.
- Site owner - can add, edit, publish, and delete any content. Additionally, site owners can assign roles to users, edit and position blocks, and edit site configuration options.
Additional User Roles - Blogs
If your site includes a blog, you may assign the following additional roles of Blogger and Blog Moderator.
- Blogger - Can write and save blog posts, but cannot publish blog posts. Bloggers are given the option to either save blog posts in a status of Draft or Pending Approval.
- Blog Moderator - Can write and and publish blog posts. Blog Moderators are given the option to assign blog posts the following three statuses: Draft, Pending Approval, or Published - which publishes a blog post.