Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Services & Support > Computer and Software Sales and Licensing > Site Licensing
MATLAB - Changing Network License File
This article explains how to change the UChicago network license file for MATLAB, is written for Power Users, System Administrators and Lab Managers, and assumes you are knowledgeable on the system on which you are running MATLAB.
This only applies to departments and groups using concurrent network licensing via IT Services license host for lab systems and computing clusters.
Determining if File Needs to be Replaced
- Locate the license file on your system. (Consult this article from MathWorks, the maker of MATLAB, for assistance: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-63ZIR6/)
- Use a text editor to view the contents of the file network.lic. If the file looks exactly like this...
SERVER lic-matlab01.uchicago.edu 005056992DA3 7688
... then continue these steps. If the contents are different, no action is required, and you should stop right here.
Replacing the License File
- Download the new license file from https://download.uchicago.edu/licensing/matlab/R2013a/license/network.lic
- Replace the original file with the new file.
- Close MATLAB and reopen it.
- Try to use MATLAB (it will automatically request a license from the network license server in the background). If you received no errors, the transplant was successful.