Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Business Systems > Budget Planning & Mgmt > Delphi
Budget Planning and Management - Delphi Planning - SmartView - Error on starting Excel after Install
This article explains how to fix Excel add-in errors on Delphi.
Occasionally, the Excel Smart View add-in fails to start after you install it.
After you install SmartView, you receive an error upon launching Microsoft Excel, the Smart View add-in does not appear in the ribbon, but you can see the Add-Ins tab.
The Smart View add-in was not installed correctly.
Confirm this by clicking File > Excel Options > Add-Ins to open the View and manage Microsoft Office add-ins window.
The Smart View COM add-in appears in the Active Application Add-ins section, but the Smart View Excel Add-in is not listed.
This issue requires manual intervention. To fix the installation:
- Select the Smart View Excel add-in on the Active Application Add-ins
- Click Go at the bottom of the screen to open the Add-Ins dialog.
- Select Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office, Fusion Edition and click OK.
- Relaunch Excel. This should resolve the error.
If the Add-Ins dialog does not list Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office, Fusion Edition:
- Click Browse…
- Go to C:\Oracle\SmartView\Bin in the Browse
- Scroll down to find the HsTbar file.
- Double-click HsTbar. The Browse window will close.
- Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office, Fusion Edition will now appear in the Add-Ins dialog and should be selected.
- Click OK and relaunch Excel. This should resolve the error.