Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring
xMail - Changing Your Display Name
This article explains how to change the display name used by xMail so you can customize the name attached to emails you send.
Students may only change their name by visiting the registrar's office in person. However, if you are faculty or staff, follow these steps to change your display name:
- Navigate to the directory.
- If you are not logged in, click Sign In.
- Click "Welcome, ...".
- Click Edit to the right of your name.
- Enter your desired display name and then click Save.
- This will be the name you are listed under in the directory, the name displayed in the Outlook Web App, and the name people will see when they receive an email sent from your xMail account.