Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring > Outlook 2010
Outlook 2010 - Delay or Schedule Sending Email Messages
This article explains how to delay the delivery of one or many messages in Outlook 2010.
Delay the delivery of a single message
- In the window of the message you would like to delay, in the Options tab, click Delay Delivery.
- Under Delivery Options select Do not deliver before: and choose the date and time you would like the message sent.
- Click Close.
When you finish your message and send it, it will stay in your outbox until the time you specified.
Delay the delivery of all messages
- On the File click Manage Rules and Alerts.
- Click New Rule.
- Select Apply rule on messages I send, then click Next.
- Select any conditions you want (these determine which messages will be delayed), then click Next. If you do not select any conditions, a dialog will appear, confirming that you want this rule applied to all messages. Click Yes.
- Select defer delivery by a number of minutes. Under Step 2, click on a number of minutes.
- Choose the amount of time (up to 120 minutes) you would like to delay delivery by and click OK, and then click Next.
- Select any exceptions you want, then click Next.
- Name the rule, and select the Turn on this rule checkbox, then click Finish.