Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Videos - Making Your Own Webcam Video (Instructors)
This article explains how to use the Kaltura tool to create a video using your webcam and insert it in your course.
To create and insert a webcam video
- Open a course contents page in your site where you want the media to appear.
- Click the Tools button and select Kaltura Media
- In the Content Information section, type a name for your media file.
- In the Text box, type a description (optional).
- Click the Add Media button.
A video box opens offering three options:
- Upload – used to upload a media file from your computer
- My Content – used to select any previously uploaded files
- Webcam – used to create a video using your webcam
- Select Y for Add to Gallery if you want the video to also appear in a Course Gallery.
- Select Y for Permit Users to View Content if you want the video to be available to your students.
- Select Y for Track Number of Views if you want to track the hits on the video.
- Select any date and time restrictions if you want to limit the time for viewing the video.
The video appears on your course contents page and will be added to your personal video collection in My Content.