Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Inserting Existing Uploaded Videos (Instructors)
This article explains how to insert an existing video from My Media into your course.
If you have enabled Kaltura, then as you add videos to your courses, all of the videos you have uploaded are available for inserting into other courses. When you upload a video, you own that video and it will appear in your personal media folder called My Media. No one but you will have access to your video collection in My Media.
To insert an existing video in a course
- Open a course contents page in your site where you want the media to appear.
- Click the Tools button and select Kaltura Media.
- In the list of video thumbnails click the Preview button to view the video.
- If you have more videos than will fit in the page, click the tiny arrow off to the right to go to the next page of videos.
- Click Select under the video you wish to insert
- Enter a Title and if desired, a Description
- Click Submit
The previously uploaded video is added to your course.