Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Uploading a Video (Instructors)
This article explains how to upload a video or audio file to your course using the Kaltura tool.
To upload a video or audio file
Uploading media files using Kaltura Media can take some time. Please make sure you give yourself a few hours for the upload if uploading larger video or audio files.
- Open a course contents page in your site where you want the media to appear.
- Click the Tools button and select Kaltura Media.
- Click the Add Media button and click Upload media or record from webcam.
- Select either the Video or Audio tab.
The upload box opens offering two options:
- Upload – used to upload a media file from your computer
- Webcam – used to create a video using your webcam
Note : If you upload multiple items, the first file selected will appear as the item on your course page. The other items will be loaded in My Media where they can be added to the course using a separate procedure.
Important: The size of the video or audio will affect the upload time. Depending on the size of the file, uploading can take anywhere from a few moments to a few hours. Please be patient.
When the upload is complete, "Done" appears in the Status column.
The media clip appears on your course contents page.