Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring > Outlook 2011 for Mac
Outlook 2011 for Mac - Share Your Calendar with other xMail Users
This article explains how to share your calendar with another person who has an xMail (Exchange) account.
Your calendars can be viewed only by others to whom you have given permissions. If the other person whose calendar you want to open has not granted you permission to view it, Outlook prompts you to ask the person for the permission you need.
To share your calendar with another xMail user:
- Navigate to the calendar you want to share. On the Home tab, click Permissions.
- In the Folder Properties window that pops up, click Add User...
- The Select User dialog will appear. Search for the person you want to share your calendar with by typing their name in the search field at the top and clicking Find.
- Select the user you are looking for from the list that appears and click OK.
- Choose the permissions you want this user to have, and click OK.
The premium version of OWA (Outlook Web App) 2010 now provides this calendar sharing functionality. This new feature can be found at https://xmail.uchicago.edu.