Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > SharePoint 2010
SharePoint 2010 - Configure Pass Through Authentication (Firefox)
This article explains how to configure Mozilla Firefox to allow your network username and password to be automatically sent to a website. The procedure in this article will only work for SharePont 2010 sites if your computer is joined to the UCHAD or ADLOCAL Active Directory domains and the SharePoint site is configured to accept NTLM authentication. All of the template sites at https://collaborate.uchicago.edu accept NTLM authentication.
- In the address bar, type about:config and either hit the Enter key on the keyboard or the Go button next to the address bar.
- On some computers the warning below may appear. The title about voiding your warranty is amusing on purpose, but the warning is legitimate. If you follow the instructions in this article you will not have an issue. Click the I'll be careful, I promise button.
- Type NTLM in the filter box of the configuration window. Depending on the version of Firefox you are using, you will see 3 or 4 results. Double-click the NETWORK.AUTOMATIC-NTLM-AUTH.TRUSTED-URIS entry to open the Enter string value window.
- Enter the portal URL that you wish to access and click OK. You can enter multiple addresses separated by commas.
- The URL you entered on the configuration page displays in the Value column.
- Test the settings by going to your SharePoint site.