IT Services Website Editing - Uploading and Adding Images
This article explains how to upload and add images to web pages within the main IT Services Website.
- All images should have a maximum width of 455px.
- You must upload images from your computer to Drupal before you can insert them into a web page.
- Images should have a transparent background.
- TIFF file types are not allowed; only png, gif, jpg, or jpeg may be uploaded.
To upload an image:
- In editing mode of your page, scroll down to the Images section below the text editing area and click Choose File.
- Find the image file on your computer.
- Click Upload.
To insert an image:
- In the editing area, place the cursor where you want to insert the image.
- Scroll down to the images area and find the image you wish to insert.
- Select the the proper Style:
- Actual-size means the actual dimension of the image you uploaded.
- Full-width means Drupal will resize the image to the width of the page (455px).
- Narrow means Drupal will resize the image proportionally to 200px in width.
- Left and Right indicate the side the image will align to.
- Provide Alternate Text and Title for the image. These two fields are necessary for screen readers to work properly. They can be the same.
- Click Insert.