Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Personalize the Chalk Course List (Instructors and Students)
This article explains how instructors and students can personalize the Chalk Course List Module to display and/or hide courses and change the display order.
When Instructors and Students log in to Chalk, the first area they see the Chalk Course List module. This module is automatically populated based on "Courses you are Teaching" or "Courses in which you are Enrolled" and is sorted in alphabetical order. However, this module can also be personalized by the instructor or student to either display/hide courses or change the order in which the courses are displayed.
Personalize the Chalk Course List
- Move your mouse to the Chalk Course List (or box), then select the Settings Icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- The Personalize: Chalk Course List window appears. Unchecking all boxes related to a course will Hide it in the Chalk Course List Module. Don't worry, you can always display it again should you need access to this course in the future.
- To Change the Order in which the courses appear in the Chalk Course List Module. Hovering your mouse over the Up and Down Arrow will allow you to Drag and Drop the course to the desired order.
- Optional Step: Edit List of Courses on Other Systems. If you have courses on other systems, you can add an external URL here so the link will show up in your Chalk course list.
- Once the courses are in the desired order, select Submit.
- The Chalk Course List will now reflect your personalized settings.