Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Voicemail > Auto Attendant
Voicemail - Auto-Attendant Menus - Quick Tips
This article explains how to use Auto Attendant applications to direct incoming telephone calls.
Obtaining a List of Auto Attendant (AA) Announcement IDs
Before recording any greetings in an AA, you will need to have on hand a list of ID#s for the recordings you would like to revise. If you are an Administrator and have not received this, you can submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Below is an example of a list of recordings as it would have been sent to you:
AA Name: 29100_UofCCSS
- ID# AA Recording Name
- 001 29100_submenu1.wav
- 002 29100_submenu2.wav
Reviewing and Recording an Auto Attendant announcement
- Dial 702-2111
- Enter 732673 as the mailbox number
- Press the # key. (As a mnemonic aid, the number 732673 was chosen because it spells out the word "RECORD")
- Enter 123456 as the password
- Press the # key
- Enter your Announcement ID#
- Press the # key. Note that this Announcement ID will be sent to the departmental contact for the AA.
Be careful to not press ; it will delete your announcement.
- Press  to review your announcement (this is necessary to insure you've not mistyped the ID# and are set to record over another file.)
- Press  to re-record your announcement
- At the tone, record your announcement and press the # key
- To cancel the announcement, press [*]
- Press [#] to accept the announcement
- Press  to re-play the announcement, or press [*] to erase and re-record the announcement.