Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - View a Grade History Report (Instructors)
This article explains how instructors can view the history of grades that have been entered in the Grade Center of their Chalk course site, even if they were changed or deleted by another instructor or TA.
Why use Grade History?
The Grade History Report allows instructors to reference an original grade even if the grade has been modified by another instructor or TA. The Grade History report allows an instructor to view:
- The date any grade was entered, altered or deleted
- The Instructor or TA who submitted or changed the grade
- Whether a grade submission was completely cleared
- Download the all grade histories to a spreadsheet
View a Grade History Report in the Grade Center
- Access the Full Grade Center from the Grade Center expanded menu in your Chalk course site under the Control Panel.
- Under the Reports tab, select View Grade History.
- Grade History appears and list the grades that were entered or edited in date order. Note: The default report shows entries from the last 14 days.
- To change the date criteria, change the Date Restrictions and then select Go.
Download the Grade History Report
- To download the Grade History Report into an Excel Spreadsheet, follow the steps above then click Download.
- Select the desired Options, then Submit.
- Click Download again.
- In Excel, the Grade History report will show every grade that was entered and altered in date order.
If you prefer to watch a tutorial, select: Watch it! (1:17)