Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Services & Support > Web Development/Hosting/Resources > UChicago Sites
UChicago Sites - Request a UChicago Site
This article explains what UChicago Sites can and can not do, the fees related to sites, and how to request a site.
UChicago Sites CAN:
- make content editing easy for non-technical users - use a web browser to update your site anywhere, anytime
- strengthen your connection to the University with centralized branding
- display events from a University of Chicago calendar
- publish news articles to your home page and the website's RSS feed
- be customized using an established set of layout and color options
- integrate links to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr
UChicago Sites CAN'T:
- be extensively customized outside of the established layout and color options
- be used for websites with a tenuous connection to the University of Chicago
- be used for Student Organization websites (Student Organizations should use Blueprint.)
- If you want total control over the look and feel of your website, or you require extensive custom functionality beyond what a UChicago Site can provide, please fill out the Web Services project request form.
Fees & Billing
The fee for UChicago Sites is $500/site/year. This cost covers hosting, support, new feature development, and security updates.
Users with 3 or more sites billed to the same FAS account will receive a 20% discount on the total cost. IT Services will cover the annual fee for Faculty of the University. In order to qualify, the UChicago Site in question must be owned by the faculty member and be in support of their academic efforts at the University (e.g. a faculty-directed lab). This does not include sites focused on administrative functions, even if owned by a faculty member. Sites paid through grant funding will receive the lowest available rate ($400). In order to qualify for this cost, the UChicago Site in question must be paid through a grant-funded University ledger account.
Requesting a Site
If you would like to request a UChicago Site, please fill out the request form on the UChicago Sites website.
Note: It typically takes 7-10 days to configure your site for use. Once the site has been created, you will receive an email with instructions on how to log in and begin creating content. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.