Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Course Tasks (Students)
This article explains how a student views a course task created by their instructor and indicates their progress on a class project.
Why View Tasks?
The Task tool helps students or groups to organize and manage course projects. Tasks are created by the Instructor as a list of activities (referred to as tasks), similar to milestones for completion on a project or assignment. The Instructor may assign priorities (high, normal, low) and track each student's progress on a task. Students will update the status of a Task from not started to (in progress or completed) so that instructors will be able to monitor progress on a project.
- On the Course Menu, click Tools.
- On the Tools page, click Tasks.
A list of tasks created by the instructor appears.
Change Task Status
- On the Tasks page, click the Checkbox next to the Task Name.
- Click the Drop-down Arrow next to the Task Name.
- Select one of the Status options (Not Started, In Progress, or Completed).
Instructors are able to view the updates status of the Task.