Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Groups (Students)
This article explains how students access groups in their course site. In addition, the enrollment options, tools available, and how to submit a group assignment are also detailed.
Your instructor can create groups of students within a course. Groups have their own private area in the course to collaborate on projects and assignments. Your instructor will either manually enroll you into a group, assign random enrollment, or allow you to self-enroll.
Group members can participate in:
- Discussion Board
- Exchange files
Access your Group
There are two ways students gain access to their assigned group.
- On the Course Menu, click Groups or
- In My Groups, click on Group.
- Within your group, determine which student will submit the group assignment on behalf of the group.
- Click the Group Name (as shown above).
- Click Group Homepage
- Click the Assignment Name under Group Assignments.
- Assignments for a group are then submitted just like any other Assignment (see Submitting an Assignment).
- Select OK when the Group Confirmation appears:
Your instructor retrieves the group submission from the Grade Center.