Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Classrooms
Media Classroom Hardware/Equipment
This article describes the equipment available in a standard media classroom.
Academic Technologies manages the University Registrar-scheduled media classrooms located throughout campus. These classrooms offer faculty and instructors convenient opportunities to integrate media into their teaching and presentations. Media classrooms are equipped with cabinets containing permanently installed audio/visual equipment.
A complete list of rooms can be found at rooms.uchicago.edu (central pool classrooms)
- Push-button control system with volume control
- Region Free DVD Player
- Computer cable with mini-audio plug for connecting a laptop to the display
- Wireless networking access
- HD Display (either a monitor or LCD projector and screen)
- Assistive Listening Devices (available upon request)
- In addition, larger rooms also contain:
- Enhanced audio capabilities
- Wireless microphones (available upon request for our larger rooms)