Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Business Systems
University Use of cEikon
This article explains how cEikon is being used on campus.
Departments currently using cEikon include:
- Financial Services
- President's Office
- Facilities Services
- Office of the Registrar
- Law School Registrar
- All departments for Electronic University Ledgers
- All departments for ePayment requests (Non Purchase Order transactions)
- Alumni Relations
- College Aid/Financial Aid
- Campus & Student Life
- Bursar's Office
Today, cEikon is used for a range of document management activities on many levels across the University:
- University Payroll scans and manages a variety of documents related to payroll activities using cEikon. Payroll receives paper timecards for hourly employees across the University. Payroll scans these cards into cEikon so that they can be accurately managed and archived for audit purposes. Payroll uses a number of cEikon modules to improve their business processes. On a monthly basis, Payroll scans approximately 13,000 time cards in addition to other related forms.
- HRS has already scanned a room full of paper files containing employee records to be stored and managed within cEikon and is moving all processes for employee documents into cEikon.
- cEikon workflow has enabled collaborations between Payroll and HRS to eliminate costly delays in processing changes.
- The Office of the President uses cEikon to capture and manage a variety of documents that arrive in paper format, such as the President's correspondence, invitations, and notes. Through cEikon, authorized users in the President’s Office have electronic access to these documents rather than needing to retrieve them from physical filing cabinets. cEikon also tracks the physical location of the original paper documents, which are stored in University Archives, so that they can be easily located and retrieved if necessary.
- The Non-Salary Disbursements unit is using cEikon to scan the approximately 85 boxes of documents they produce each year.
- Central Procurement Services is using cEikon to electronically scan and manage many of their processes that were previously paper-based.
- Payment & Procurement Services processes and stores vendor information on new, current, and dropped vendors doing business with the University. Vendor information is sent to the mainframe and BuySite systems.
- Facilities Services is developing applications in cEikon for many of their departments: HR, Associate VP of Facilities Services, Capital Projects, Space Management, Inventory, Contracts, Accounting and Real Estate.
- Registrar has migrated all microfilm transcripts from 1892-1973 to cEikon system for easy viewing.
- Law School Registrar is using cEikon to store Quarterly Student data, Courses and Instructors, and Bar Exam listings.
- Comptroller's Office and ITS distribute monthly ledgers electronically instead of the former paper distribution.
- Payment and Procurement Services uses cEikon to manage Non PO requests for payments and requests to the Bank for checks to the requester.
- Alumni Relations Griffin system has been integrated to the cEikon system for scanning and importing documents. Same roles are honored in both systems.
- All of the documents that are submitted by students applying for Financial Aid electronically are stored in the cEikon system. Also procedures are installed to scan and archive paper student records for admitted students.
- Campus & Student Life saves all University Disciplinary Action case documentation in OnBase.
- Bursar's Office processes and stores into OnBase their student financial Aid, Collections, and compliance files.