University Use of cEikon
University Use of cEikoncEikon Home | cEikon Rates | Use of cEikon
Departments currently using cEikon include:
- Bursars Office
- Facilities Services
- Financial Services
- Human Resources (HR)
- IT Services
- Office of the University Registrar
- President’s Office
- Risk Management
- University of Chicago Police Department (UCPD)
cEikon is used for a range of document management activities on many levels across the University:
- University Payroll scans and manages a variety of documents related to payroll activities using cEikon. Payroll receives paper time cards for hourly employees across the University. Payroll scans these cards into cEikon so that they can be accurately managed and archived for audit purposes. Payroll uses a number of cEikon modules to improve their business processes. On a monthly basis, Payroll scans approximately 13,000 time cards in addition to other related forms.
- HR uses cEikon to scan all employee documents and processes that were paper-based.
- cEikon workflow has enabled collaborations between Payroll and HR to eliminate costly delays in processing changes.
- The Office of the President uses cEikon to capture and manage a variety of documents that arrive in paper format, such as the President’s correspondence, invitations, and notes. Through cEikon, authorized users in the President’s Office have electronic access to these documents rather than needing to retrieve them from physical filing cabinets. cEikon also tracks the physical location of original paper documents, that are stored in University Archives, so that they can be easily located and retrieved if necessary.
- The Non-Salary Disbursements unit is using cEikon to scan the approximately 85 boxes of documents they produce each year.
- Payment and Procurement Services is using cEikon to electronically scan and manage many of their processes that were previously paper-based. Also, they are processing all Non-PO transactions through the system with the ePayment application.
- Facilities Services is developing applications in cEikon for many of their departments: HR, Associate VP of Facilities Services, Capital Projects, Space Management, Inventory, Contracts, Accounting and Real Estate.
- Internet Explorer 9 and 10 are no longer supported.
- We now support Chrome. Edge is supported for retrieval only
- Safari 10.1 is now supported for the Mac.