Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Business Systems > Reporting Systems
Business Objects - Launch Pad - Error Refreshing Document: "No data to fetch"
This article describes what to do if you encounter a "No data to fetch" error when refreshing a Business Objects document.
This error does not always indicate that there is a problem, but that there was no data matching the selection criteria for one (or more) of the data providers in the report. With report documents with multiple queries, some will not always have data (i.e. encumbrances). In these report documents, the name of the data provider will also be included in the error message.
This can be corrected by one or more of the following actions:
- In most cases changing the values of the prompts entered (or mis-entered) will correct this.
- Account numbers should be entered without spaces or dashes
- Do not enter multiple values with a semi-colon at the end (enters a null value into the list of values)
- Accounting months (CalYrMo) should be entered with a two digit month (i.e. January is 01)
- Dates should be entered with full 4-digit years
- It is also possible that the query conditions need to changed to:
- Update existing constant values (consider changing these with prompts)
- Check for incorrectly formatted constants
- Check for mutually exclusive conditions (where data cannot be equal to both conditions at the same time)
- Check for conditions that might exclude all the required data
If you cannot determine the cause and you expecting data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.