Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Anonymous Grading (Instructors)
This article explains how to use anonymous or blind grading in Chalk.
Why Grade Anonymously?
This article explains how instructors can grade Chalk assignments without knowing who submitted the material. Grading anonymously allows the instructor to remain completely impartial.
- In the Control Panel, click on Grade Center, and choose Full Grade Center from the expanded menu.
- Ensure that Screen Reader mode is turned on to use this function.
- Locate the column you wish to grade and click the arrows to open the contextual menu. Choose Grade Anonymously.
- In the Assignment Details panel, enter the grade and feedback for the student. Below, in the Grading Notes section, enter notes for yourself or other instructors about the submission.
- You may also make inline notes on submitted documents in the main panel, as you would grading any other assignment.
- To save the current student's grade and finish, click Submit.
If you prefer to watch a tutorial, select: Watch It! (2:07)