Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Teaching, Learning, & Research Computing > Chalk
Chalk - Add a Banner Image (Instructors)
This article explains how to add a banner image in Chalk.
Why add a banner?
Instructors are able to customize the image that students will notice upon accessing their Chalk course site. A visually appealing image allows Instructors to capture the attention and invite students to fully participate in the course. Banner images are created outside of Chalk and have specific size and file format restrictions: the maximum size is 480 (width) x 80 (height) and ideal file formats include .jpg and .png.
We recommend viewing the Document 18710 is unavailable at this time. article, for tips on creating the banner image outside of Chalk.
Add a Banner Image
- Under the Control Panel, click Customization, then select Teaching Style.
- Scroll down the page to the Select Banner section, then click the Browse My Computer button.
- Locate and select the desired banner image, then click the Open button to attach the image file.
- Click the Submit button, then the confirmation message at the top of the screen appears.
To view the banner, click the Home button (near the Course Name).
Note: Banner images must be uploaded from a local file and cannot attach directly from a course file.
- If you prefer to watch a tutorial, select: Watch it! (2:22)