Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring
Email - How to Reduce Your Mailbox Size
This article explains how to reduce the size of your mailbox to remain under storage quota. These general tips will help load your email faster, have less clutter in your search results, and backup quicker.
- Empty your Junk Mail folder.
- Empty your Trash or Deleted Items folder.
- Delete messages with large attachments.
- Eliminate unwanted Sent Messages.
- Delete unused folders.
- Archive older messages.
- Save desired attachments to local drive or network shared drive.
- Use auto-archive to move or delete files based on age.