Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Wikis
UChicago Wikis - Dashboard, Homepage, and Favorites
This article explains the dashboard, homepage, and management of favorites in UChicago Wikis.
Can I change the way the dashboard looks?
The Dashboard cannot be edited and is the same page for all wiki users. However, you may choose another space as your default homepage when logged in.
How do I choose my own homepage?
- Click the Log In link at the top right of https://wiki.uchicago.edu with your CNetID and CNet Password or with your UChicago Wikis Login.
- Hover the cursor over your name in the top right corner. Select Settings from that Personal menu.
- Select the Edit button from the General Settings menu to alter your Site Homepage.
- You can set your homepage to be any space, the site default, or the original dashboard.
What are favorites and why would I want to choose them?
The Favorites feature provides quick access to specific pages or spaces that interest you or that you use regularly. Pages and spaces that you have added to your list of favorites are easily accessible from your Dashboard. Your favorite pages are listed in the left column of the dashboard. Below that are recently updated pages within your favorite spaces. Your favorite spaces comprise the My Spaces list in the center column, below the featured wiki. You can also view a list of all pages and spaces you added as favorites by going to your Profile.
How do I select favorite spaces?
There are two ways to add favorite spaces to your profile:
- Click to highlight the Star: Click Full List of Wikis on the UChicago Wikis Home page. In the Directory of Wiki Space page, click to highlight the Star button align with the desired Space.
- Select Favorite in the Tools drop-down menu: Find a Wiki. Search by author or keyword. Select and go to the desired Space. In that Space's Home page, click the Tools drop-down menu in the upper right, and select Favorite.
How do I select favorite pages?
- Go to the page.
- Click the Tools menu located at the top right-hand corner of the page and choose Favorite.
This will change to Favorite (when you next open the Tools menu) to indicate that you have added this page as a favorite.
How do I remove favorites?
In the dashboard, clicking the gold star icon located beside a favorite space or page will change the icon into a gray star and remove it from your favorites.
If you are on a favorite pages, click the Tools menu located at the top right-hand corner and choose Favorite. This will change to Favorite to indicate that you have removed this page from your favorites list.