Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools
Outlook 2010 - Create an Email Signature
This article explains how to create a personalized email signature.
- Open a new message. On the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then click Signatures.
- On the E-mail Signature tab, click New.
- Type a name for the signature, and then click OK.
- In the Edit signature box, type the text that you want to include in the signature.
- To format the text, select the text, and then use the style and formatting buttons to select the options that you want.
- To add elements besides text, click where you want the element to appear, and then do any of the following:
- To finish creating the signature, click OK.
|To add an electronic business card||Click Business Card, and then click a contact in the Filed As list. Then click OK|
|To add a hyperlink||Click Insert Hyperlink, type in the information or browse to a hyperlink, click to select it, and then click OK|
|To add a picture||Click Picture, browse to a picture, click to select it, and then click OK. Common image file formats for pictures include .bmp, .gif, .jpg, and .png.|
The signature that you just created or modified won't appear in the currently open message; it must be inserted into the message.