Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools
Sending Email from Gmail with a From: @uchicago.edu Address
This article explains how to send email from Gmail which will appear to use your @uchicago.edu email address.
- Log in to Gmail.
- Click Mail Settings from Options and select the Accounts and Import tab
- Under "Send mail as", click Send mail from another address
- Enter your name and @uchicago.edu email address in the "Add another email address you own" window
- Select Next Step
- Choose "Send through uchicago.edu SMTP servers" and complete the following fields:
- SMTP Server: authsmtp.uchicago.edu
- Port: 465
- Username: your CNetID
- Password: your CNetID password
- Select the Secured Connection using SSL option